Swedish is one of the most popular styles of massage for its many benefits.
Dr. John Harvey Kellogg popularized the health benefits of Swedish massage in the United States in the early 20th century.
Western medical practitioners have since embraced massage therapy for its many health benefits, including:
- Relieves muscular soreness, fatigue, discomfort, and tension headaches
- Tones weak muscles; increases muscle length and flexibility
- Reduces excessive scar tissue and adhesion formation
- Promotes healing of fractures
- Reduces visible dimpling of cellulite
- Promotes relaxation
- Reduces anxiety, depression, discomfort, and stress
- Improves hormonal balance, especially before and after birth
- Improves circulation
- Aids in the removal of waste products from muscles
- Increases platelets as well as red and white blood cells
- Decreases blood pressure
- Reduces edema (swelling)
- Improves lung function and can reduce the severity and frequency of asthma attacks
- Stimulates digestion and relieves constipation
- Decreases menopause and PMS symptoms
- Supports healing and provides comforting care for chronic medical conditions or at the end of life.
When you consider the above list and also consider the benefits of ordering a mobile massage to your home, office, or hotel in Kansas City, you’ll see that it’s well worth the expense.